Sunday, July 20, 2014

1980 taught me: Keep it simple and vote Pro-U.S. ~



This message is loosely based in a 1980 observation of my own.

In 1980, I was a volunteer co-manager at the local Democratic City Campaign Office. Coincidentally, I was also just beginning my volunteer work as an educator on destructive cultism.

(The Moon Organization had just set up in my community and pledged to recruit everyone in our city so a group of us rolled up our sleeves and educated ourselves and our citizens to make sure none of our young adults became “Moonies,” without make an informed decision, of course.)

It did not take long for me to recognize the similarities between the GOP and the Moon Organization ~ sticking with the Keep It Simple theme, suffice it to say that the cult of personality enhanced by The Big Lie Theory was ruling over all else per the adherents of the respective philosophies.

And, it became clear to me that my Independent status was idealism and not a strategy to win so I decided to take a stand and I registered -- Democrat.

And we all know what happened in 1980, right?, Democrats (the Pro-U.S. government people) were out and Republicans (the Anti-U.S. government people) were in and, if I may be so bold as to say, we have been on a downhill slide ever since because, as a rule, the GOP has never, ever given up its hope of attaining the power and the money and the votes it requires to rule a Christian Vulture-Capitalistic Nation.

I am a firm believer in this >>> SYSTEMS ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THOSE WHO ARE RUNNING THEM AND VOTERS PUT PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF OUR SYSTEM and the only question is ~ who will we put in charge in November?

For all intents and purposes, it is that simple ~ Pro- or Anti- U.S. government, with the details to be ironed out later. 

As of June 2014, per the Statistic Brain the total number of eligible voters in American is 206,072,000 and of them 146,311,000 are registered to vote and, just as an aside, 131,144,000 of them voted in 2012 (64%).

It seems to me that if more Americans take their responsibility as citizens more seriously and if they register to vote and if they vote ~ the Pro-U.S. government people will win the day.

Now, just to have a spot of fun, let’s hear what George Carlin had to say about why he does not vote (mid-1990’s I believe).




Here’s the R-rated video version and below that is an edited PG-rated version:

"You may have noticed that there's one thing I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says, "They suck". But where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. No, they come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, American businesses, and they're elected by American voters. This is the best we can do, folks. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.

....I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain", but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain.


I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created."



 G.



No comments:

Post a Comment