Sunday, February 15, 2015

Warning! I’m Feeling a Bit Un-diplomaticToward Democrats Who Don't Do Their Homework...



Heads up! I live just outside of Boston and I’m feeling kind of cranky ~

Having said that, as a citizen who believes in the form of government under which I live, a representative government, there are a few politicians I follow very closely and who I communicate with, as well, as I feel the need to do so: 1.) My Mayor; 2.) State Representative; 3.) My State Senator; 4.) My Governor; 5.) My Congressperson; 6.) My Federal Senators and; 7.) My President.

Because I do that, I am comfortable that six out of eight of them share the Democratic Platform, I am comfortable knowing we may have some strategic disagreements but we can talk about them in the context of the same basic, political belief system and I am comfortable in the truth of what they say as evidenced in the black and white proposals they make and or sign on to.

 As a result, when a big decision arises like the authorization of the use of military force I am comfortable in knowing, to a high degree of certainty, where their starting point is in the process of legislating. For example, I am comfortable that my representatives in D.C. support protecting our nation and I am comfortable that they will not support war unless it is as a last resort.

It is not as if I have no idea as to what their thinking is ~ it is, primarily, the same as mine.

And, because of that I find it distressing to listen to and to read Democrats express opinions that appear to be completely ignorant of the basic, political belief system they share with President Obama, Democrats who also appear to be completely blind to the vision he has consistently held while moving us from war and debt to peace and prosperity via a foreign policy that demands partners in the work of policing the globe and promotes strong nations per their economies as the most viable strategy for survival of the planet per a variety of benchmarks.

This is not a war President and this is not an anti-American worker President, either. This is a President who is positioning us for the 21st Century. Catch up.

Frankly, there is no excuse for not knowing it ~ every single word he has said and or has written is readily available at the source and is based on it: http://www.whitehouse.gov/

There is more than enough material available to support my short-handed assessment of the Obama Doctrine, so I’ll just share snippets of one speech with you ~ one of my favorites ~ which I am also going to edit so the focus can be on his thinking and not necessarily on place and time:


RELEASE               June 4, 2009

REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT
ON A NEW BEGINNING
Cairo University
Cairo, Egypt


I’m going to begin with the end, then share some of my favorite, relevant snippets, then leave you with the link so you can read the speech in its entirety without me and draw your own conclusions – as you should.

I know there are many – (blank) -- who question whether we can forge this new beginning.  Some are eager to stoke the flames of division, and to stand in the way of progress.  Some suggest that it isn't worth the effort -- that we are fated to disagree, and civilizations are doomed to clash. Many more are simply skeptical that real change can occur.  There's so much fear, so much mistrust that has built up over the years.  But if we choose to be bound by the past, we will never move forward.  And I want to particularly say this to young people of every faith, in every country -- you, more than anyone, have the ability to reimagine the world, to remake this world.

All of us share this world for but a brief moment in time. The question is whether we spend that time focused on what pushes us apart, or whether we commit ourselves to an effort -- a sustained effort -- to find common ground, to focus on the future we seek for our children, and to respect the dignity of all human beings.

It's easier to start wars than to end them.  It's easier to blame others than to look inward.  It's easier to see what is different about someone than to find the things we share.  But we should choose the right path, not just the easy path.  There's one rule that lies at the heart of every religion -- that we do unto others as we would have them do unto us.  This truth transcends nations and peoples -- a belief that isn't new; that isn't black or white or brown; that isn't Christian or Muslim or Jew.  It's a belief that pulsed in the cradle of civilization, and that still beats in the hearts of billions around the world.  It's a faith in other people, and it's what brought me here today.

We have the power to make the world we seek, but only if we have the courage to make a new beginning, keeping in mind what has been written.

The Holy Koran tells us:  "O mankind!  We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another."

The Talmud tells us:  "The whole of the Torah is for the purpose of promoting peace."

The Holy Bible tells us:  "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." 

The people of the world can live together in peace.  We know that is God's vision.  Now that must be our work here on Earth.

Thank you.  And may God's peace be upon you.  Thank you very much.  Thank you. 


And now ~ snippet time:








































G., aka Partisan Democrat

Please follow at http://gkmtnblogs.blogspot.com ; sign up for Inbox delivery!







The transcript:   http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-the-President-at-Cairo-University-6-04-09


The video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaxZPiiKyMw#t=11


No comments:

Post a Comment