Sunday, August 3, 2014

Wake Up and Smell the Coffee ~ the GOP is in Charge!



 Wake up and smell the coffee because: One, you can make jokes about and you can laugh at the GOP but the truth is they were voted into positions of power and they are in charge of our purse strings; Two, low approval ratings for President Obama can be a winner for the opposition party ~ in this case: Haters of U.S. Government and Haters of anything not of the white wing party.


The numbers:




The 2014 mid-term assessment of those numbers per Nate





“When FiveThirtyEight last issued a U.S. Senate forecast — way back in July — we concluded the race for Senate control was a toss-up. That was a little ahead of the conventional wisdom at the time, which characterized the Democrats as vulnerable but more likely than not to retain the chamber.
Our new forecast goes a half-step further: We think the Republicans are now slight favorites to win at least six seats and capture the chamber. The Democrats’ position has deteriorated somewhat since last summer, with President Obama’s approval ratings down to 42 or 43 percent from an average of about 45 percent before. Furthermore, as compared with 2010 or 2012, the GOP has done a better job of recruiting credible candidates, with some exceptions. …”

Frankly, I really do not want to quibble about this ~ Democrats need to understand the threat of the GOP and the risk of losing to the GOP and they need to vote a straight Democratic ticket on November 4th.  Get our candidates in, stay engaged, persuade them to your point of view, help them persuade others to your point of view AND, finally, when all is said and done please accept majority rule until the next election. It’s how we roll.

Now, let me share with you one of the actions I take to help boost POTUS numbers.


 I have created a Twitter hashtag #POTUSpositive and every time I come across a POTUS positive I label it as such and I Tweet it to get that information into cyberspace. 


A sample:





Further, the PCTC Blog has curated approximately 250 POTUS documented positives and I am using that list to create an XCEL sheet of President Obama’s accomplishments, from which I will Tweet my personal favorites from now until Election Day. We cannot promote his work if we do not know what his work is!

I am posting a snippet of my XCEL sheet below but let me just run the process by you first:

I copy and paste the PCTC accomplishment I like from PCTC’s list to a column my XCEL sheet.

I copy and paste that same accomplishment in column right next to it, where I can add my #POTUSpositive hashtag and where I can edit the it down.

I copy and paste the edited version into the Twitter compose space where I check the character count and where I re-edit it if it needs to be edited down further to meet the 140 character count of Twitter.

Once have that right, I cut the finished product and I paste it over the my original (in column two) so I have a live Tweet ready to be copied and pasted and Tweeted at my own convenience.

It is a work in progress but if it appeals to you, please feel free to borrow it and/or modify it ~ but do not wait to do something … now is the time to move those POTUS numbers up!




If you are new to Twitter you can find all of the information you need to get hooked up here.

If you are new to copying, cutting and pasting you can find those tools with a right click of your mouse on a PC ~ if you are a MAC user, you’ll have to Google it.
.
As I am closing out this Blogspot, the Tick Tock is:




G.


Shout out to Love Your Day Design Blog for the Meme!

Shout out to Vanity Fair for Nate Silver caricature:







No comments:

Post a Comment