Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Top Priority for Me: Responding to Inaccuracies re President Obama's Agenda via my Media Outlet of Choice



A top priority of mine is winning on November 4th and in 2016 and banishing the GOP from the public discourse ~ At the moment, I work that by responding to inaccuracies around President Obama's Agenda via my media outlet of choice which currently is MSNBC ...

Do not look for non-partisanship here … I am a partisan Democrat who works hard not to criticize the brand publicly (which does not mean I do not offer constructive criticism ~ I do, I just do it directly as often as I can); who supports President Obama; who supports him primarily by getting the facts of his agenda directly from him and sharing those facts with some of my favorite Talking Heads and encouraging them to inform the electorate with information from the source.

 I also suggest the like-minded do the same because I believe they can educate Talking Heads to better educate the electorate while, at the same time, through the followers of said Talking Heads, reach 1000’s of potential Democratic voters and potentially move them toward the polls!

To that end, I provide constructive criticism based on the POTUS's Agenda via three major social media platforms: Google+, Facebook and, Twitter … Examples follow:


Sample 1 ~ An article I shared on Google+ and with some of my favorite Talking Heads:

The article of interest to me with headline, byline and date:

 “How Obama Decided To Make Terrorist Recruitment His U.N. Priority
BY HAYES BROWN POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 24, 2014 AT 8:42 AM”

The point I’m interested in making to aforementioned favorite Talking Heads:

The main point of this story for me was that it was one example clearly contrasting the false picture MSM often paints of POTUS as an American President who has not assumed the mantle of leadership when, in fact, President Obama is leading all of us, one way or another, in the tradition of a Founding virtue: Compromise for the Common Good.

A secondary point of the story was that it demonstrated as false the picture MSM often paints of POTUS as a President who basis his decisions on political expediency and or the  impact on his legacy when, in fact, major decision making by the President simply cannot happen in a pre-show production meeting and presented in a 3-minute segment ~ which is their experience not his.





Sample 2 ~ A brief post I re-shared on Google+ and copied to some of my favorite Talking Heads:

The article of interest to me with headline and media outlet name:

Darrell Issa’s Witchhunt Caused 150 IRS Employees to Work 70,000 Hours
PoliticusUSA
  
The point I’m interested in making to aforementioned favorite Talking Heads:

This particular article was originally shared on Google+ by another poster. I was immediately struck by the fact that it is not an angle of the the GOP IRS conspiracy that MSM had ever covered so the point I wanted to make was that MSM does not know what a real story of interest is ~ to The People.
  




Sample 3 ~ A brief meme I re-shared on Google+ and copied to some of my favorite Talking Heads:

The meme of interest can be seen below in the snippet:

The point I’m interested in making to aforementioned favorite Talking Heads:

I oftentimes don’t feel MSM is asking questions that are important to The People so sometimes I will send them some suggested questions and hope they will take up the challenge and ask relevant questions and get the answers and inform the electorate.





I trust you get the point, so let me just share a few samples of talking back to talking heads from Twitter and Facebook:















And sometimes, when it is called for, I give compliments, too!





The next one is in two parts for easier reading:

1.


2.


3.



And, by the way, I believe you will be heard. Following some numbers of interest, you will find a few examples of Tweets I have received that have convinced me of that:

First, just some of the numbers of followers/visitors key Talking Heads have ~ followers and visitors that may, potentially, read your point of information if you are sharing your thoughts with their Favorite Talking Heads!

On Google: The Cycle (138,906 views); Now With Alex (14,091 views); Rachel Maddow (6,512,670 views).

On Facebook: The Reid Report (62,000 likes); Now With Alex (112,000 likes); Rachel Maddow (1M+ likes).

On Twitter: Up With Steve Kornacki (93,000+ followers); Morning Joe (130,000 followers); Ayman Mohyeldin (129,000 followers).








We are just about down to 30 days to Election Day so as President Obama would say and has said:




G.









No comments:

Post a Comment