Sunday, May 22, 2016

Dear Democratic Party Members: It is Time to Reject the Guy From Vermont Who is Using & Abusing Democratic Party Hospitality / With All Due Respect!



Dear Democratic Party Members:

I am not always successful but I work at being respectful in the context of my politics and even though I instantly rejected the guy from Vermont as a viable choice in the 2016 Democratic Party Nomination process -- because he is not a Democrat and because he is a man without the courage and conviction of his own belief system, choosing to crash my Party for his own political expediency and to not start his own party -- I continued to work at being election cycle respectful. It is how I was raised.

But, I've had enough not so much because of his duplicity but more because of his sweeping, unsubstantiated character assassination directed at members of the Democratic Party. Beware, I am slipping more often at the With All Due Respect thing in the context of the guy from Vermont.






Personally, as a lifelong, active Democrat, (sometimes official card carrying and sometimes not), I am offended daily by the guy from Vermont who by his own admission detests the Democratic Party and who insults my intelligence by charging my support of Hillary is a part of some royal "coronation" conspiracy and who maligns good citizens like me as a part of some corrupt, anti-The People establishment.

It is my habit to check for an alignment of values prior to deciding if I will consider a candidate for an elected office or not. If there is no alignment of values there is no point in going any further in the process -- unless I can be persuaded otherwise prior to actually casting my vote!

A more visible example of the ill-mannered guy from Vermont's attack on the Democratic Party that offends me can be found in his non-evidence-based attacks on DNC Chair/Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Shultz, a long-time public servant, who seems to be his unauthorized proxy for the Party and Hillary Clinton, i.e. red meat for his base. (Please the note qualifier "seems to be." I do not have his ear, I am divining here!)





Full disclosure, I am a fan of the Congresswoman.

I first saw the Congresswoman in a 2010 clip of a Fort Lauderdale, Florida Town Hall where she was talking to an audience filled with rabid GOP-ERS flipped out over the Affordable Health Care Act.

One rabid audience member, and I’m going on memory here, stood up and made some wild accusation about her being in favor of the Act because of her own cancer. She handled it calmly and professionally. She also peaked my curiosity so I Googled her.

I found out that the Congresswoman had BRCA1 and BRCA2 issues that put her at an increased risk for breast and ovarian cancers. As a result, she had gone through a year of procedures, treatments and recovery AND she had hardly missed a day’s work for us while doing so. I have been an admirer of her and her work ever since.

Yesterday, the Chair Released "An Open Letter my Fellow Democrats"


She ended that letter like this:

... Today I will make this pledge to you: I will always stand up for party activists because they bring us energy and ideas. I will always stand up for the leaders of this party because they volunteer their precious time to guide our progressive future.

But here’s what I’m asking of you, in return: When the work is hard, and passions run hot, and the road looks long, never forget the Americans we are fighting for.

This week, while reporters were writing story after story about party discord, 
marked the first time in our nation’s history that more than 90% of Americans have access to affordable healthcare. Because we elected a Democrat in 2008 and 2012, 20 million Americans have health insurance who didn’t before. And this month, we celebrated 74 consecutive months of private-sector job growth, generating over 14 million news jobs for American workers. When we come together as Democrats, we can accomplish great things for honest, hard-working people from every walk of life. That’s what’s important. That’s what we cannot let out of our sight.

I’m excited for the future of our party, and I’m proud of every Democrat working for a brighter future. On to victory! ... 

I hope she will be given the courtesy she deserves for the work she has done on behalf of Democrats and on behalf of The People ~ the courtesy of being heard.

You can read the full letter here


Thank you for reading!


G., aka Partisan Democrat

( Please follow at http://gkmtnblogs.blogspot.com/
and sign up for an e-mail notification when GKMTNblogs posts! You can also follow me @ http://networkforhillary.blogspot.com/ for an opportunity to help Hillary win daily! )









No comments:

Post a Comment